Project Geologist/Engineer II
Location: Grand Haven/Grand Rapids, MI
Lakeshore Environmental, Inc. (LEI) is actively seeking a motivated geologist/geoscientist/environmental engineer to join its Grand Haven or Grand Rapids Office teams. The successful candidate will undertake challenging and interesting work on a wide variety of projects related to the investigation, evaluation, and remediation of contaminated sites. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated employee who can function independently and as part of a fast-paced team.
Please send resumes to Kirk Perschbacher in our Grand Rapids office: email@example.com
- Perform Phase I and II environmental assessments to support property transactions.
- Conduct field work including soil, sediment, groundwater, and surface water sampling, aquifer testing, drilling oversight and soil logging, soil boring and monitoring well installation, well development, purging and sampling, and construction oversight.
- Coordinate and direct drilling, surveying, and laboratory services.
- Provide oversight on environmental remediation projects, and operations and maintenance of environmental remediation systems.
- Assist in data interpretation and preparation of site work plans, spreadsheets, figures, and technical reports.
- Assist in groundwater and remedial system performance monitoring, maintenance, and optimization.
- Field work opportunities for this position will be year-round and will likely include some out-of-town travel.
- Focus on team project delivery, taking direction primarily from Project Managers.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Communicate with Project Managers, subcontractors, regulatory agents, tenants, and clients during field activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology or related field with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Valid Driver’s License and a good driving record
- Ability to succeed in a consulting pace, handling multiple project assignments, and maintaining flexibility, while meeting strict deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology, Environmental Engineering, or related field with 5+ years’ experience.
- Qualify as an Environmental Professional as defined by ASTM International (ASTM).
- Possess or have the ability to attain “Certified Professional Geologist (CPG)” status with the American Institute of Professional Geologists (AIPG).
- Detail oriented with mechanical aptitude with hands-on trouble shooting/problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with Michigan Part 201 and Part 213 and associated guidance documents and operational memoranda.
- Experience preparing documents for MDEQ and other regulatory agencies.
- Strong commitment customer service, sales, and marketing.
- 40-hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard (HAZWOPER) certification