Senior Environmental Engineer in Southfield, Michigan
Business Line Environment
Position Title Senior Environmental Engineer
United States of America - Michigan
AECOM is actively seeking a Environmental Engineer for immediate employment in the Southfield, Michigan office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate proficiency in engineering calculations, engineering design, data management, technical writing and be ready/capable to support environmental investigation/remediation.
AECOM is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The successful candidate can look forward to environmental projects involving groundwater, surface water, and soil for our clients in the manufacturing, power, and commercial business sectors as well as government agencies.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Assist with design and implementation of remediation activities such as: air sparging and soil vapor extraction; soil excavation and offsite disposal; groundwater in-situ treatment systems; pumping tests and pump & treat systems; dewatering; shoring installation; and, waste classification to support offsite disposal
- Assist with field work (e.g., groundwater sampling and soil sampling, well installation and contractor oversight, logging soils and collecting samples)
- Perform assignments requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria to carry out engineering tasks
- Assignments are designed to further develop judgment and understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities
- Exercise judgment limited to developing details of work in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives
- Prepare engineering related calculations and develop drawings and visual aids,
- Gather data and other information to be used in the preparation of scientific reports
- Prepare data analysis and presentation for technical reports. Inclusive of complex hydrogeologic analysis, geochemical and contaminant analysis
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental or Civil Engineering
- 8+ years of experience including groundwater and soil remediation design (ie: soil vapor extraction, biosparging, zero-valet iron barrier walls, reductive dechlorination treatment systems, pump and treat treatment systems)
- OSHA 40 Hr Hazwoper
- Database, GIS, CAD, visualization software skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Able to interact effectively with internal and external clients
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Knowledge of soil and groundwater investigations
- Strong computer skills and a significant understanding of Microsoft office applications (specifically Excel)
- Attention to detail and excellent time management – balancing immediate and long-term work with varying priorities and deadlines
- Comfortable in both an office and field environment, as assignment priorities may change
- Valid driver’s license is required for business travel
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
- Master's degree
- P. E.
- OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard (HAZWOPER) 40 hour (current)
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here athttp://www.aecom.com/deployedfiles/Internet/Careers/Diversity%20and%20Inclusion/EEO%20is%20the%20Law%20Poster%20Supplement.pdfto view the EEO Is The Law poster.
For immediate consideration.