Hydrogeologist in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Business Line Environment
Position Title Hydrogeologist
United States of America - Michigan
AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Hydrogeologist for immediate employment in the Grand Rapids, Michigan office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate proficiency in the fundamentals of geology, hydrogeology, groundwater flow and modeling, data management tools, technical writing and be ready/capable to support environmental investigation/remediation.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed. The successful candidate can look forward to environmental projects involving groundwater, surface water, soil, and waste water for our clients in the manufacturing, power, and commercial business sectors as well as government agencies.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Collect and classify environmental samples, observe/document soil/rock drilling and well installation, and conduct site surveys and hydraulic testing
- Gather data and other information to be used in the preparation of scientific reports
- Prepare data analysis and presentation for technical reports. Inclusive of complex hydrogeologic analysis, geochemical and contaminant analysis, database management, and geographic information system operation
- Superior technical report writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree in geology or hydrogeology
- Professional certification
- 5+ years of experience
- Knowledge of the environmental regulatory regime in Michigan and Midwest
- Advanced capabilities in hydrogeologic analysis (aquifer testing, groundwater modeling, etc.), contaminant fate and migration modeling
- Strong communication practices and skills, especially writing
- Must be able to clear medical, drug, and security screening requirements
- Understanding of fluid flow through porous media
- Understanding of fate and transport of petroleum and chlorinated compounds
- Experience with groundwater modeling software packages
- Experience with fate and transport modeling, including but not limited to REMChlor and BioChlor
- 3D Modeling using ESRI ARC platforms and 3D Visualization Software
- Understanding of monitored natural attenuation processes
- Must have valid drivers license
· OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Standard (HAZWOPER) 40 hour (current)
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here athttp://www.aecom.com/deployedfiles/Internet/Careers/Diversity%20and%20Inclusion/EEO%20is%20the%20Law%20Poster%20Supplement.pdfto view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Submit directly at http://aecom.jobs/grand-rapids-mi/hydrogeologist/64146C3EDAAB43A4B4DFB4B142703D9F/job/ for consideration