Natural Resource Technology, Inc. (NRT) is seeking a Senior Environmental Engineer or Scientist with 10 to 15+ years of relevant experience based out of Michigan. The successful candidate will assume responsibilities for developing environmental practice, project management, and
collaboratively working with clients in assessing and managing environmental needs. Ability to communicate with clients, scope project work, prepare proposals, and develop effective written
reports is critical.
Our work environment offers a casual and fast-paced atmosphere where multitasking is essential. Ideal candidates are comfortable working independently and in a team setting. Ideal candidates efficiently allocate time for optimal performance and effective management of multiple demands, priorities, and deadlines with an eye for detail.
NRT is an environmental consulting firm serving both private and public sector clients. Our clients appreciate our ability to quickly assemble dedicated teams featuring management and staff that advice on environmental needs anywhere in the United States. NRT staff are nationally-recognized experts in environmental fields such as: investigation and remediation of chlorinated solvent sites; contaminated sediment management in both large and small waterway systems; site remediation technologies – best use, applicability and performance; coal combustion product management.
Our continuing success is founded on the relationships we build with our clients and on our ability to attract and retain highly talented engineering, scientific, and support professionals with a shared vision: smarter solutions, exceptional service, value.
Core Position Functions:
- Ideal candidates will have extensive environmental remediation experience, from site characterization through remedial implementation and site closure, with a demonstrated history of collaborative regulatory relationships; sediment remediation a plus.
- Developing new clients, and new business with existing clients, with the interpersonal skill to promote client confidence and loyalty.
- Contributing to the direction and growth of core service area team(s) company-wide.
- Strong project management experience including:
- Communicating with, guiding, and advising a variety of individuals representing our clients, including executives, scientists, engineers, regulators, and other business professionals.Preparing proposals reflecting strong understanding of client needs, development of appropriate budgets and cost estimates, and effectively managing established client relationships.
- Developing project teams comprised of internal and external members on projects that often require expertise across multiple engineering and scientific disciplines.
- Apply engineering and scientific principles and concepts to area of specialization; able to draw solutions from education and formal training.
- Critical thinking abilities for analysis and group participation for development of reports based on evaluation of environmental data and application of regulatory criteria.
- Hydrogeologic background a plus
- Ideal candidates will have solid background and understanding of Michigan environmental regulations; understanding of solid waste rules in other Midwestern states a plus
- BS/MS engineering (e.g., environmental, civil, geotechnical) or
- environmental science or related
- Professional Engineer or Professional Geologist preferred
- 10-15+ years environmental consulting experience
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations
- OSHA HAZWOPER 40-hour certification preferred
- Start: June 2016
- Classification: Salary Full-time
- Location: East Lansing, Michigan
2016 Sr Eng-Sci East Lansing.pdf